Monday, November 26, 2012

I obviously suck at blogging....

Gah! September was my last post- really?
We were officially dossier to country in September just in time for Brett's birthday. Having a monthly number update is only mildly exciting, considering the "list" doesn't always move by the same number of places each time. There could be 1 referral or 10 in a month... so it's all arbitrary. (Yes- we have obviously done the math 100 times with "if there are XX referrals on average every month we could have ours by XX date!) We are being overly optimistic when we say that we hope to have a referral in hand by Christmas....2013. :)  I can't help but think about Earl Nightingale's quote:

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway."


So I guess we wait for the time to pass! As we prepare for Christmas we have been doing a lot of reading about the Ethiopian celebration of Christmas- Ganna- held on January 7th. Typically there is fasting on the day before, followed by an early morning Church service and a meal of wat (stew) and injera (flat bread). I'm thinking I need to find a recipe and attempt my own wat & injera... I would love to have that tradition in our house as well! They also have a big celebration on January 19th for the commemoration of the baptism of Christ. I can't wait to learn more about these celebrations and host some of our own in the years to come!

How does your family prepare for Christmas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your words of encouragement here: